It’s not wrong to say that the teeth are indicators of facial beauty. Even the best actors and actresses undergo dental surgery and cosmetic whitening procedures to enhance their “face” value. A person with yellow or brown teeth is looked down upon.Therefore it is extremely necessary to take care of the teeth.
However, many methods are known to Indian science of Ayurveda by which a person can obtain the whiteness of teeth back.There are also methods to maintain whiteness of teeth. Many of these advantageous methods are mentioned in this article, along with some other tips and pointers.
(1) herbs useful for teeth whitening
1. Babul (Acacia arabica) The importance of Babul in teeth whitening can not be expressed in words. It is so important in Ayurveda for this purpose that the ancient Indians used nothing but twigs of the babul (the other tree used for this is neem) disposable toothbrushes. This tannin in babul is effective in increasing the whiteness of teeth.
2. Banyan (Ficus religiosa) The aerial roots of banyan trees can also be used as disposable toothbrushes. The banyan roots have astringent properties, which not only make your teeth whiter, but also make the teeth and gums.
3. Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum) The leaves of holy basil are dried in the sun and powdered and used for brushing teeth. The leaves help in maintaining dental hygiene and make the teeth whiter. In addition to the bleaching properties, holy basil is also used for protection from problems such as pyorrhea (ie bleeding gums).
4. Neem (Azadirachtha indica) The neem tree, or margosa, is a traditional remedy for having white teeth healthy. Neem twigs are used by many Indians, even today, toothbrushes. Neem oils contain astringent and antiseptic properties to fight against bad breath, kill microorganisms accumulated on the teeth and to fight against tooth decay and cavities.
(2) The dietary methods for teeth whitening
To keep teeth clean and white, pungent, bitter and astringent foods must be included in the daily diet. Tastes have an astringent effect on the teeth which helps keep clean. They also take care of the excess accumulation of plaque on teeth, which makes them lose their pearly white color.
Sugary foods, in any form is bad for teeth. The chocolates are also not good. If you consume these foods, you must remember to wash your mouth thoroughly with strong gargles so as to leave no residue in your mouth sweet.
Avoid excessive tea and coffee. These beverages contain strong alkaloids which can stain teeth. The same applies to smoking. Almost everyone who smokes loses the white coloration of the teeth. Chewing of paan (betel leaf), as is done in several regions of India, is as fatal to the whiteness of teeth. This habit can stain the teeth cream, yellow or even a dirty shade of rust.
(3) Ayurvedic methods for teeth whitening
Ayurveda provides many kinds of toothpaste and toothbrushes for maintaining healthy white teeth. One of them is toothpaste made by mixing a paste of holy basil leaves with mustard oil.Neem and babul twigs are used as toothbrushes. They are rubbed vigorously on the teeth (sometimes with charcoal also) to remove all the plaque accumulated on the teeth and make them whiter.
(4) Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening
1. For teeth that have lost their white color, mix charcoal Babul, roasted alum and some rock salt. Rub it on your teeth instead of using conventional toothpaste. You will have white and long lasting healthy teeth.
2. You can try using sodium bicarbonate regularly each morning as a toothpowder instead of toothpaste. Sodium bicarbonate replenishes the lost mineral content of teeth, which helps them regain their whiteness.
3. Strawberries, tomatoes and amalaki contain good vitamin C content These can be applied directly to teeth. Vitamin C helps to remove plaque on the teeth and makes them whiter.
4. Rub an orange peel on the teeth every night before bed. Vitamin C of orange peel to combat with the microorganisms throughout the night.
5. Take adequate measures to dental hygiene. Brush your teeth after every meal, or at least the morning and before going to bed. When you brush your teeth, take care to sweep all particles of food on board. This is the most natural way to keep your teeth white and healthy.